Ten Ways Clergy Can Beat the Heat on Sunday
It has been a scorching hot summer in many places in the US. In Texas we are staring at triple digits all week-end long. Clergy tend to get a bit hot under the collar about church attendance in the summertime anyway. However, there are a few ways we might be able to make summer attendance a bit more cool…in not cooler.
- Put ice cubes in the communion wine.
- Sing Texas favorite “Cool Water” for opening hymn.
- Install water misters at the communion rail.
- Include “How to fold your service sheet into a fan” instructions in a hand-out.
- Put Cargo shorts on the ushers and acolytes.
- Ask Jesus to bring back the storm he calmed.
- Distribute back the offering for everyones AC bills
- Declare the “Ice-Bucket Challenge” an annual summer tradition.
- Preach a sermon entitled: “Hell. And It Ain’t a Dry Heat Neither.”
- Suddenly believe in re-baptism by full immersion.
Join our Community