Share Your Anglican Story via Rookie Anglican
Latest posts by Joshua Steele (see all)
Back in 2016, I started Rookie Anglican in order to help make Anglicanism more accessible to Anglicans and the “Angli-curious.” From the beginning, this has involved a couple different kinds of posts.
First, Rookie Anglican contains (what I hope are) helpful resources to learn more about Anglicanism.
You know, posts like the following:
- The Daily Office (Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer)
- How to Lead a Daily Office Service for a Group
- The Holy Communion Liturgy
- Ritual Actions in Worship (Bowing, Kneeling, Sign of the Cross)
- The Church Calendar and Liturgical Year
- How the Anglican Church/Communion is Structured (Church Polity)
- The Anglican Communion Today
However, in addition to these posts, we’ve also told people’s “Anglican stories.”
Like the following Anglican stories:
- My Journey Into Anglicanism — by Zachary Dewey
- The Appeal of the Anglican Tradition – by Brandon LeTourneau
- My Anglican Journey – by Sunita Theiss
- What Anglicanism is Not – by Tyler Kerley
- Top 3 Reasons Why I’m an Anglican Christian (by me, Joshua Steele)
- An Anglican Spider Bite: My Journey into the Anglican Way (by David C. Smith)
- “Anglicostal”: How Pentecostal Faith Prepared Me for the Anglican Church (by Fr. Bryan Wandel
- Another “Anglicostal” Journey: The Spirit and the Body (by Darryl Fitzwater)
- Anglican, for the Love of God – Emanuel Burke’s Anglican Journey
- Marching from Fundamentalism to the Canterbury Trail (By Zach Jones)
- The Long Way Home: Dwelling in the Anglican Way (By Fr. Justin Clemente)
- A Gift of God (By Rev. Dr. Emily McGowin)
Why tell people’s Anglican stories?
Here at Rookie Anglican, we tell people’s Anglican stories to remind each other that there are many different entry points into the Anglican way of following Jesus Christ!
For me, I was first attracted by Anglican theology. For other people, it’s the liturgy. For other people, it’s the rhythm of the Daily Office. For other people, it’s the connection to the history of the Church, it’s a particular pastor, it’s a book, it’s a congregation, etc. etc.
God uses different aspects of the Anglican way to attract and speak to different people.
What about YOU? What attracted YOU to the Anglican way of following Jesus Christ?
I’d love to share your Anglican story here on Rookie Anglican. If you’re interested, here’s what you should do:
- Take a look at the “Anglican stories” listed above to get an idea of the genre and how your particular story might relate to some of the stories we’ve already shared.
- Visit the “Write for Rookie Anglican” page and start with step # 3: Pitch me your idea (your story, in a nutshell) by emailing me at therookieanglican [@] gmail [.] com.
- If I approve your idea, write a draft (follow the “Rookie Anglican Writing Guidelines” on the Write for Rookie Anglican page).
- Share the draft with me via Google Drive (make sure to give me editing privileges).
- Read and reply to my edits/comments.
- Share the post with others once it goes live on Rookie Anglican!
I look forward to sharing your Anglican story via Rookie Anglican!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below. Cheers!
Join our Community