Listen to the Word & Table Podcast to Learn More about Liturgical and Sacramental Christian Worship
Latest posts by Joshua Steele (see all)
- Collect Reflections: The Second Sunday of Epiphany - January 13, 2018
- Collect Reflections: The First Sunday after the Epiphany; The Baptism of Our Lord - January 6, 2018
- Collect Reflections: The First Sunday of Christmas - December 30, 2017
I don’t know about you, but I’m quite possibly addicted to podcasts.
Right now, NPR’s UpFirst, The Tim Ferriss Show, and The Art of Manliness are some of my favorites. However, it’s been a bit of struggle for me to find great Anglican podcasts. Granted, perhaps that’s due to my own ignorance, but when you search for “Anglican” in most podcast players, you end up getting a lot of results that are just sermons from Anglican churches. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!)
Word & Table: A Podcast about Liturgy, Sacraments, and Worship
According to their website, Word & Table “is a weekly podcast about liturgy, sacrament, and the great tradition of Christian worship and why it is vital in our world today.”
If you take a look at their episode titles, you’ll quickly see that there’s an abundance of helpful content. I’m going to work my way through all of the episodes, but of particular interest to Rookie Anglicans would be the following episodes:
- The Daily Offices
- The Church part 2
- Church Fathers
- Infant Baptism
- The Saints
- Church Councils
- Scripture & Apocrypha
- Holy Water
- The Liturgical Calendar – Part 2
- The Liturgical Calendar – Part 1
- Parishes, Dioceses, and Provinces
- Priests, Deacons, and Bishops
- Introducing the Book of Common Prayer
- Scripture and Creed
- What is the Church?
- What is a Sacrament?
- Matter Matters
I hope that you’ll give this podcast a try! If you like it, please go and leave them a review on iTunes, to help spread the word.
Finally, are there any podcasts about Anglicanism or Christianity that you particularly enjoy? Let me know about them!
Join our Community